Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Macho Man

EVERY SINGLE ONE of BK’s friends predicted we would have a boy. In the words of one of our groomsmen “Kendro isn’t capable of producing girls”. Well, as we learned during our first ultrasound they were all right. I think BK is so excited about having a son that he is secretly planning when he can get Phillies season tickets for the two of them. 3 months isn’t too young, right?

During our shopping excursion to the Babies R Us (yet again) Dadzilla had some choice opinions. After browsing in the clothing section for a while he exclaimed that “Babies R Us is sexist” because there are way more girl outfits than boy outfits. He also was not supportive in my decision to buy our son duck themed gowns (see picture below). He feels as if they “look like girls clothes” and “boys don’t wear yellow”. To make BK a little less bitter about my decision to dress our son like a girl in femine duck print (sarcasm), I bought Baby K a manly froggy outfit. BK approved. :) That man makes me smile.





Another BK insisted purchase. I was accused of only registering for boring toys/baby equipment so BK INSISTED the above bouncy chair was promptly put on our registry to save our child from a mundane existence of sheep and bunnies and dreaded neutral colors.

I don’t think a day goes by without that man making me laugh and smile just by being him.

No comments: