Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Matthew Richard Kendro

Matthew Richard Kendro (‘Matty’) was born on March 27, 2010 at 7:26 am. He was 8 pounds, 14 ounces and 22 inches long. After a full day of shopping and having lunch with a girlfriend (who said she did a triple take when she saw his birth time), I went into labor at around 7:00 pm on Friday night (on our way to see Hot Tub Time Machine). We ended up heading home but not before stopping at a local pizza place to grab some food :) I went to the hospital at 11:00 pm Friday night and was already 5 centimeters. By 5:00 am on Saturday I was 10 cms and ready to get this baby out. So labor was fast and pretty easy…however delivery was a different story. I pushed for over 2 ½ hours. The nurses thought for sure our baby was only ‘just seven pounds’. Hold onto your lunch, but things had to be ‘taken care of’ to get Matty’s big noggin out (luckily there was no need for a c-section!). My ENTIRE body is still insanely swollen from the process. Shoes don’t even fit!! However, looking at my little man makes everything worth it. My heart grew when that little guy entered the world. BK and I couldn’t ask for a happier existence. We already love being parents to the most adorable kid on the planet (we are a little biased, haha).

Here are some pictures of his first days: http://hilarykendro.shutterfly.com/









No comments: