Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pregnancy Must Haves

When I started telling people I was pregnant I got lots of advice. All advice was welcome but some advice worked better than others. The best advice was ‘every woman is different; do what works for you’. So with those wonderful words of advice I started to figure out what works for me and what does NOT work for me. After trying a slew of products and making sure nothing was on the ‘don’t use’ inventory, I have widled down a ‘must have’ list for any pregnant woman.

Lush Massage Bars: These look like bars of soap but you just rub the bar on your belly, sides, and butt. The bar disrupts moisturizing oil all over the area. I have yet to find a smell I absolutely love (most smell like chocolate which makes me hungry) but the oil keeps my body hydrated alllllllll day. I have very limited belly itching. Note: leave some time for the oil to soak in or it may get on your clothes.

Aveda Smoothing Infusion Conditioner: My hair has gotten a lot frizzier since I have become pregnant. People say you get ‘full’ hair; well I have FULL Big Texas hair! I needed something to tame it without being too heavy or requiring too much effort.

Carmex: I have had chronic dry lips, I know I know ‘drink more water’ but there is only so much water this lady can take. Carmex is literally the best thing on the market for my lips. It makes them look healthy! I have had so many people ask what lip gloss I am wearing and I am literally just wearing some Carmex. Tube Carmex is the best because it less messy than the tub.

Mario Badescu Drying Cream: I have had acne and sensitive skin this entire pregnancy and it is recommended that pregnant women avoid salicylic acid. I have been told its “ok to use” and “don’t touch it” all by different doctors in one practice! I decided to be safe and steer clear of it; which made clearing up my skin almost impossible. The only, only, only line of facial products I have been able to use through this pregnancy is Mario Badescu. Not only do I break out but my skin has gotten dry, itchy, and sensitive. Mario’s Drying Cream has helped cure the horrible little breakouts I was having while still being salicylic acid free! I swear by this stuff. A little goes a long way.

Tiger Balm: since my back has decided to spasm out of control this balm really helps relieve the pain. It smells funny but works!

No comments: