Sunday, February 21, 2010

Work Shower

As most of you know, I am one of the few luckily people who get to work from home. A lot of people think working from home consists of wearing PJs and watching Rachael Ray all day…unfortunately that is not me, I have deadlines! I do have a wonderful office set up at home (courtesy of Staples and my husband) where I get to enjoy some of the perks of working from home including no needless interruptions, no commuting, no weird smelling communal microwaves, and shoes are optional. One of the downsides of working from home is no personal interactions. I enjoy the people I work with and I miss seeing and talking to them on a regular basis.

This week I made a trip to my office in Maryland to help get things organized before I jet off for maternity leave. I was extremely surprised when I got there because the office was throwing me a surprise shower!!! My friend NK did all the leg work and it was well worth it! I felt so surprised, soooo happy, and really blessed that even after working from home for over a year; people in the office still thought of me and were incredibly nice enough to celebrate this crazy miracle called pregnancy. It really really made my day, my WEEK! I just feel so insanely grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful people. Not many people can say that about their jobs :)

Me, Nicole, and Nasrin
SURPRISE!


Blue is the color of the moment

No comments: