Monday, June 1, 2009

Someone reads my Blog...True Story

Ok, so I actually got a request to keep doing my favorite things of the month. Someone reads this blog!! Oh hallelujah, sweet baby Jesus!! “I like to think of my Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt”….sorry getting off topic with movie quotes.

Even though it is the first of JUNE this is stuff that I loved, loved, loved in May. Now that it is June the love is a little faded….

Halo Pet Food: Now, I LOVE Ellen DeGeneres, like LOVE her! And if she were to tell me to do something I would totally, blindly do it. She is my Oprah, yoda, ghandi. SO, when I heard she was the prime investor in an all natural pet food line AND it was being sold on QVC (the devil’s channel as my husband calls it) I was in!!! I actually stayed home on a Saturday from 3-4 p.m. to watch Ellen hock pet food on QVC, and of course I bought the cat some new yummy, natural food. WELL, it is now the cat’s crack. I have never seen an animal eat food so fast. Our little man has to take blood pressure pills daily which he REFUSES to take. We tried 15 different ways to give him his pills but the smart little bugger figured it out each time and refused to take them. Now we put the pills in his Halo food and he snarfs it down!! I don’t even think he comes up for air. It is really a weird thing to see. This food is healthy, like crack for your animals, and available on the best network on the planet (also at Pet Smart)….what more could you ask for? http://www.halopets.com/

Lush’s “Too Drunk…Emotibomb”: This thing is something that you throw into your shower and it slowly dissolves on the tub floor engulfing the shower in a deliriously wondrous smell. It is so insanely fantastic words cannot even describe the smell. It is supposed to be for peeps who are hung over but I use it when I have crazy, mind numbing migraines. I swear on the kitty’s life that this is better than any Advil you can take. I have NO idea how or why it works but it freaking works. I am already out of the ones I got online and am making a pilgrimage to the Orlando airport to put them out of stock. I swear this is the best thing you can buy yourself if you get headaches or have recently discovered that you can no longer drink like you could when you were 22 (stupid old age!). Another awesome thing for headaches and hang overs is Aveda’s Rosemary Mint lotion. I live for this lotion when the pollen is so bad I can’t breathe. I swear it opens my nasal passages while keeping my skin glowingly moisturized. Again, no idea how or why it works.

Army Wives: So technically this is a “June” thing since the season premier is on Sunday June 7th but….I am THAT excited that I just can’t wait another month to write about it. Yes, it is on Lifetime and yes, it is very unrealistic but the drama is incredible and SOOO captivating. This show is a ‘two tissue’ show; I have never been able to watch an episode without crying silently in the corner of our living room with Bryan rolling his eyes saying something about the stupidity of women. However, that man still sits there and watches it….secretly loving every second of it (and itching from the female hormones he is absorbing from Lifetimes’ estrogen emitting rays).
Something I did NOT love this month: Babycakes Bakery in NYC. Martha constantly has these people on her show where they talk about their amazing gluten-free, vegan baked goods and how people can’t even tell that they are “good for you”. Well guess what, THIS lady could tell. I was extremely excited to get cupcakes from this place, like to the point where I would have hog tied Bryan to a New York street sign just to get him out of the way so I could hunt down this bakery in the Lower East Side. Unfortunately no hog tying occurred and he willing went with me to the bakery where I got two cupcakes: Red Velvet and Vanilla. I wanted to savior every bite so I decided to take them on the New Jersey transit towards our house. Well, since Manhattan was 900 degrees that day the cupcakes melted all over my Stephanie Meyer’s ‘The Host’ book and all over my gorgeous Longchamp bag. But, whateves, I could still enjoy eating these wonderful, be it melted, cupcakes. I was so excited to take my first bite then BAM…like a slap in the face, they SUCKED. I mean SUCKED. They sucked so bad I threw them out. Shame on you Martha for misleading the public to think these horse turd cupcakes where good. Shame!!

No comments: