It has been two months since I have updated my blog! I hope you all still have your appetites for sarcasm. I being working, working, and working. I do not remember the last time I worked this many hours in such a short amount of time. Oh the stories I can tell about hotels in Gaithersburg, MD and Arlington, VA….let’s just say sleeping didn’t happen very much and I now hate all other people, especially those who watch TV at 4 a.m. Seriously, what is on that is soooo important, don’t you people have JOBS you have to get up for?!?! Oh, the stories.
BUT I am now back home and somewhat back to my regular schedule. I am running up a storm. I am up to 7 miles now which is totally kicking my butt. I am now 100% certain my body hates me for doing this to it and tries to rebel by giving me bad hair days almost every day. We are in a fight. OH and all those people who saying “running helps you lose weight” are all liars or forgot to tell my butt that. I have actually ended up gaining weight since I have started running, and no not “muscle” weight but “I have to buy new pants” weight. When I had to stop running for a week during my first week of work in DC I dropped the bloat weight in a week. Once I started running, BOOM bloat weight back on. I know I should be concerned about “fitness” and “health” but at the moment I would just like to fit into pants. You can’t really go to the grocery store pant-less. No matter what, I am sticking to running and I am very proud of myself that I am :)
I am still trying to raise the rest of my Team in Training fundraising goal. I have $900 left to go and found out if I don’t raise it; it comes out of my credit card. Thanks economy. SO Bryan and I have planned a later Happy Hour at the Bottom Line bar in DC from 8 p.m. - 11p.m. People will pay cover to get drink specials and all the cover paid goes toward the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I will be hanging up banners, balloons, etc to show that 1. It is a legitimate cause and 2. To show fun-ness! I am even color coordinating my outfit to match the Team’s color: PURPLE! Check out the Bottom Line’s webpage: http://www.thebottomlinedc.com/ Look up “events”; my Happy Hour is an “event” (March 6th)!!!! How awesome is that!!!
Also, I have had to switch to the Long Branch Half-Marathon in Long Branch, New Jersey: www.njmarathon.org. I started out with a pretty hefty fundraising goal and had to dial it back a little but now I will be running at the Jersey Shore!
Be sure to check out my fundraising page (http://pages.teamintraining.org/epa/nj09/hkendro) and forward this blog to anyone who would be interested in donating to a good cause. This experience has changed me in so many ways. I feel so honored to be able to do this.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment