We are one step closer to getting ready for the “big day” (we have yet to set a specific date but we will keep everyone posted!).
I found a dress!!!
My sister took me dress shopping this past holiday weekend to get me less stressed about planning an event as large as a wedding. She figured I would either get more stressed about a wedding or less stressed, luckily the latter was correct! I feel in love with the first dress I tried on. I walked out of the dressing room and my sister, Sarah, started crying. I looked in the mirror and then I started crying and then Sarah started crying again! Even the mothers of other brides in the dressing room told me I had to get it. The true test to whether the dress is right or not is the fact that you don’t want to take it off! I didn’t want to take the dress off and I definitely did not want to try on any other dresses, this was THE dress! After finding a needle in the haystack on the first attempt I all of a sudden felt the wind back in my sails and I was ready to not only plan a wedding, but take on the world! I got back to my dad and Burke’s house and was beaming. My dad and Burke said that we could stop by the bridal shop on the way to the airport. I was asked “should we eat and then go to the store” to which I quickly yelled “NOOOO, the store first!!!” We got to the store, found the dress, and I tried it on. I walked out and my Dad and Burke both agreed: this is the dress! The dress was purchased right then and there!!
It will arrive in April and then alterations will start. I don’t even know if I can wait until then! And the one downside about living with your fiancé is having hide the dress J Luckily, family and friends have come to the rescue for this!
I have the perfect dress and the perfect man (two of the most important things down, especially finding the perfect man!!).
On to the task of finding a location!
Bryan and I will be looking at locations in Maryland for the rest of January. We are hoping for a fall wedding, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for open dates!! Also, we would like to hear opinions/experiences with places on eastern shore of Maryland.
I found a dress!!!
My sister took me dress shopping this past holiday weekend to get me less stressed about planning an event as large as a wedding. She figured I would either get more stressed about a wedding or less stressed, luckily the latter was correct! I feel in love with the first dress I tried on. I walked out of the dressing room and my sister, Sarah, started crying. I looked in the mirror and then I started crying and then Sarah started crying again! Even the mothers of other brides in the dressing room told me I had to get it. The true test to whether the dress is right or not is the fact that you don’t want to take it off! I didn’t want to take the dress off and I definitely did not want to try on any other dresses, this was THE dress! After finding a needle in the haystack on the first attempt I all of a sudden felt the wind back in my sails and I was ready to not only plan a wedding, but take on the world! I got back to my dad and Burke’s house and was beaming. My dad and Burke said that we could stop by the bridal shop on the way to the airport. I was asked “should we eat and then go to the store” to which I quickly yelled “NOOOO, the store first!!!” We got to the store, found the dress, and I tried it on. I walked out and my Dad and Burke both agreed: this is the dress! The dress was purchased right then and there!!
It will arrive in April and then alterations will start. I don’t even know if I can wait until then! And the one downside about living with your fiancé is having hide the dress J Luckily, family and friends have come to the rescue for this!
I have the perfect dress and the perfect man (two of the most important things down, especially finding the perfect man!!).
On to the task of finding a location!
Bryan and I will be looking at locations in Maryland for the rest of January. We are hoping for a fall wedding, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for open dates!! Also, we would like to hear opinions/experiences with places on eastern shore of Maryland.

No comments:
Post a Comment